Nicole Buell from Marysville, representing Snohomish County, is the 2015-2016 Washington State Dairy Ambassador! Nicole was one of eight finalists at the 60th Annual Washington State Dairy Ambassador contest “Diamonds and Tiaras” held in the Grand Ballroom of the Holiday Inn, Everett, WA.
Amanda Howe of Lynden, representing Whatcom County, and Lydia Johnson of Ethel, representing Lewis County, were selected as Alternate Ambassadors.
As a representative of the Dairy Farmers of Washington, the State Dairy Ambassador and Alternates will visit schools, attend county fairs, appear at Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) events and speak before the Washington state legislature promoting the health and nutrition benefits of dairy products. A Dairy Ambassador typically makes over 400 public appearances during her year-long tenure. On completion of their reign, Nicole Buell and her alternate ambassadors will receive scholarships to continue their educations.
The other 2015 finalists were:
• Skagit County Contestant ~ Katie Jo Conley (Mount Vernon)
• Inland Northwest contestant ~ Ashley Rochlitzer (Spokane)
• Snohomish County Contestant ~ Olivia Russell (Stanwood)
• Whatcom County Contestant ~ Ellie Steensma (Lynden)
• Skagit County Contestant ~ Megan Sybrandy (Mount Vernon